Tuesday, October 19, 2010

For the Record-



I was telling my husband the other day how happy I was for him that he enjoys his job now (he is finally working for himself as a Chiropractor, a lifelong dream) and his response took me back.

He said, "I wish you enjoyed doing what you have to do for a living."

Stunned.

Maybe with all my sarcastic remarks, jokes about poop, and mom loneliness, I have given the appearance that I don't love my job.

I just want to state, publicly and for the record, that I LOVE my job. I love my kids. I love my life. I love that I am MOM first and foremost. There is nothing else I would rather be doing right now than raising my babies and getting to be the person every day who takes care of them and yes, cleans up their messes.

I love too that I get to, on the side, educate moms about birth and breastfeeding and the wonder and miracle that is the female body. I love to write about it. I love to talk to and meet other moms. All of my outside of the home passion revolves around my kids. I would not do any of that if it were not for the way that the birth of my first child changed me forever.

I will admit that it is the hardest job that I have ever done. I never feel good enough, I always know I can do more and be better. But, as with anything in life, the things that are the hardest have the biggest rewards and the most meaning.

That's all folks. I just want you to know that I love being a mom. I love it. I want every woman who gets the chance to raise a spirit child to love it too. That is what my outside of mom work is all about.

Peace and love on your journey through motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment