Monday, July 2, 2012

Heaven Means Clean Towels




I haven't washed towels in two days.  Before you send a condolence card- NO, I am not dead and living in heaven.  I am just on vacation.  I am staying in a hotel and you know what that means-

SOMEBODY ELSE WASHES THE TOWELS!!!!!!

If I had the money I have decided that I would live in a Best Western for the rest of my life.  I would never wash another towel.

Sit back.  Relax.  Imagine heaven for a  moment....

Yesterday, after a long day of traveling I ate dinner.  I didn't make it.  I didn't clean it up.  I didn't wash dishes.  I didn't mop the floor afterwards.

Then I came back to my hotel.  The kids went to bed.  And then (this is the best part so pay attention) I got in a jacuzzi and took a bath.  Alone.  In a clean bathroom.  A clean bathroom that I didn't have to scrub first.  (The thing about a bath at my house is that A) the tub is very small and B) I have to clean it first.)

This morning I took a shower and the water practically knocked me over.  It was like a full body  massage.  I don't think I have had a shower like that in five years.

It kept getting better though.  Then we went and ate a FREE continental breakfast.  Everybody got to pick what they wanted.  Did I mention that I didn't have to CLEAN IT UP?!

We left for the day and came back to, wait for it....CLEAN TOWELS.  Freshly made beds.  Vacuumed floors.  Fresh soap, folded toilet paper, and air-conditioning that I don't have to pay for.

I think that this is what heaven tastes like.

Sadly, I came into the grown up bedroom tonight to find my husband watching cable television.  He managed to find a TV show that is about hotels.  It included all the fun stuff they find with their black lights.  This is gross and more information than I ever wanted.

But because I am fearless like that, I am going to go ahead and take another relaxing bath in my room's jacuzzi tub.  Even if it isn't really clean, it sure looks like it is.

If I could, I would give you all the gift of clean towels for eternity.  Here is thinking of you ladies.

Peace out.






No comments:

Post a Comment